Among different social media in China, Xiaohongshu (Little Red Book) is now having a strong influence on the fashion and luxury industry. Why it is working so well in those fields? Who is using Xiaohongshu in China? What topics are they focusing on?
Key Takeaways: Xiaohongshu User Data 2022
- Over 200M monthly active users.
- 72% of Xiaohongshu users are younger generations born in the 90s.
- 50% of Xiaohongshu users are located in first-tier and second-tier cities.
- More than 43M users are sharing their life on Xiaohongshu.
- The majority of Xiaohongshu users are female.
- The percentage of male users has raised up to 30%.
Top 3 User Tags on Xiaohongshu
The 3 top user tags on Xiaohongshu are Fashion Lovers 时尚男女(14.2%), Student 学生党(7.96%), and Makeup Lovers彩妆党(6.58%).
- Fashion Lovers 时尚男女: No limit on gender or age. They are people who are chasing the current trends and care more about outfits, cosmetics, and stars.
- Student 学生党: Aged 6-25 yo students. They don’t only care about study and knowledge, but also follow the trends and care about fashion outfits, skincare, and entertainment.
- Makeup Lovers彩妆党: Aged 18-30, mainly female users who love living a beautiful life. Exquisite makeups and cosmetics are their core topic. They also like fashion outfits, hairstyles, photography, and other things that can show their beauty.
GMA has more than 10 years of experience in marketing in China. Based in Shanghai, we have been cooperating with hundreds of brands. Contact us for a first consult for your China project and win the Chinese market in the 2020s.